Consign or Sell
We Want Your Handbag!
You can either consign your handbag with us or, for certain types of handbags you can sell it to us outright for cold hard cash. By consigning with us you will be able to obtain the highest sale proceeds with our low consignment fee, but if you can’t wait that long, eligible handbags can be sold directly to us.
(Handbags eligible for the direct sell option must be popular styles in black or neutral colours in Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Celine, Dior or Saint Laurent (Sac de Jour or crossbody bags only). Hermes bags and any other bags from the above designers are eligible for consignment instead. If unsure, submit your bag below and we will let you know).
But why consign or sell to Luxe.It.Fwd?
Not only are our selling fees great, but also:
- We do all of the hard work – Selling pre-owned handbags privately or over peer-to-peer sites can be a time consuming and tedious process for many sellers. When consigning with us, we handle the entire selling process from start to finish, including that we:
- Clean the handbag upon collection;
- Arrange for our specialists to authenticate the handbag - so as to provide our authentication guarantee to our customers;
- List the handbag for sale on our site with a thorough description accompanied by an extensive range of high quality images;
- Once sold, we arrange for shipment to the buyer in our premium packaging.
This is unlike the process with conventional peer-to-peer sites which can often be ripe with counterfeits and poor quality handbags. Many buyers in the market are understandably unwilling to purchase from such sites or unwilling to pay the market price due to the high level of risk involved in buying a fake or a handbag that is misdescribed.
How does selling to us and consignment work?
Consigning or selling your pre-owned handbag with us is a simple 5-step process:
- Enter the details of your pre-owned authentic bag, along with at least 1 image, via our Consign or Sell Request form. Tick the Consignment or Sell box, or to consider both options you can tick both boxes. (Please also see the details further below as to which designers and bags we accept.)
- We email you to advise acceptance of the handbag and our quote for the selling price. If you are happy with the selling price, then you simply confirm to us.
- Ship the handbag to us – for free! We will either arrange for collection by our courier (in metropolitan areas) or provide you with Registered Australia Post label to send the handbag by post (in regional areas). Also confirm you are happy with our Terms and Conditions.
- We will confirm the selling price once your handbag is received, inspected and authenticated. The selling price will match your previous quote unless the condition is different to that expected.
- If you selected the selling outright option, then within 1 -2 business days of you agreeing to the selling price, we pay you the agreed selling price less our sale fee. If you selected the consignment option, then upon us selling your handbag we will pay you the net sale proceeds less our consignment fee.
Please note that we only consign or purchase handbags from customers within Australia.
What handbags do you accept and from which designers?
We accept pre-owned handbags that are in good condition or better from the following select designers only:
- Louis Vuitton
- Saint Laurent (Sac de Jour, monogram and cross body bags only)
For the direct sell option, we accept popular styles in black or neutral colours in Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Celine, Dior or Saint Laurent (Sac de Jour or crossbody bags only). Hermes bags and any other bags from the above designers are eligible for the consignment option instead. Please also note we generally do not take uncommon style bags due to the difficulty in re-selling these. We accept handbags with a minimum listed sale price of $500.00 and all handbags must be authentic. If a handbag is found to be inauthentic upon assessment by our authenticators, it will be returned to the seller at the seller’s cost.
If you are unsure whether your handbag meets the above specifications, simply upload your handbag details via our Consign or Sell to Us Request page and we will be in touch.